This recipe shows up at every family gathering. It’s a crowd favorite. And with some gluten-free crackers, it’s easy to appease everyone! Who doesn’t love jam smothered on cheese, right? This is the best version of those two things.
I’ve been lactose intolerant for 15 years now. But I am always willing to take on the consequences for this appetizer. Although, now, Trader Joe’s sells a goat cheese brie for only $3.99!!! I pick one up every time I make the half hour drive up to Boulder (move closer Trader Joe’s!).
I don’t even know when or where this recipe came from. All I know is that it showed up at EVERY family gathering, but no one ever complained. It’s so incredibly delicious. I also love that the flavors lend themselves to complement any time of the year. Orange and apricot for spring and summer. Cinnamon and brie for fall and winter.
But really, no matter when you make it, you and those you choose to share it with, are in for a treat!
I’m still new at taking photos of food, and I must say that these photos do not do this delicious appetizer justice. I’ll make it again soon and try for even better pictures of that gooey cheese and bright apricot jam. Maybe someday I’ll have a team of professionals to help me! But I couldn’t wait to post this recipe, because I want you all to make it and eat it! Like, right now.
Have a few friends over and pour some wine and snack on this cheese. It looks fantastic on a cheese platter, too. They’ll never want to leave.
Cinnamon Apricot Brie Cheese Appetizer
- 8 oz brie cheese
- 1/2 C apricot jam or preserves
- zest from 1 orange
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients, except cheese, in a microwave safe dish.
- Microwave on high until hot, about 90 seconds. Stirring at 30 second intervals.
- Place brie on microwave safe serving dish. Microwave on high until hot and melty, about 90 second. Checking at 30 second intervals.
- Once both cheese and sauce are heated through, pour sauce over cheese and serve with crackers, baguette slices or your fingers!