The BEST Classic Hot Chocolate
The perfect blend of ingredients for classic homemade hot chocolate
Servings: 1 serving
- 1 1/2 C milk 2% or whole
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 C chocolate chips semi-sweet or dark
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- dash salt
If Making for a Crowd (10 servings)
- 1 gallon milk
- 1 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 C granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 C chocolate chips semi-sweet or dark
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp salt more to taste
If Making for Gifts (16 oz jar)
- 1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 1 C chocolate chips mini or regular size
- 2 tsp powdered vanilla see above recipe for link and info
- 1/2 tsp salt
Warm milk In a sauce pan on low heat.
Add cocoa powder and sugar. Whisk until dissolved.
When warmed, add chocolate chips and stir until melted.
Remove from heat and add vanilla.
Top with whip cream or marshmallows and chocolate chips.
If Making for a Crowd
Turn crockpot on high.
Add all ingredients. Stir frequently until chocolate chips have melted.
Once melted, turn heat to low and keep on low, stirring occasionally.
Serve right from the crockpot with a ladle and enjoy!
If Making for a Gift
Ingredients can be layered (like in the photos) or you can shake it up so it's ready to use right away. Once shaken, fill any empty space at the top with marshmallows, crushed candy canes, or any other special topping you enjoy!