Double Decker Tacos
Can't decide between soft or crunchy tacos? Why not have both!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 package flour tortillas taco/fajita size
- 1 package crunchy taco shells
- 1 can refried beans or homemade
- 1 pound ground beef or meat of choice
- 1 packet taco seasoning make your own using- salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and cumin
- 8 ounce shredded cheese Mexican blend or cheddar
- 1 head iceberg lettuce shredded or chopped
- hot sauce
- sour cream
Bake your taco shells according to the package instruction, you want them to have a good crunch.
Heat up the refried beans in the microwave or stovetop.
Cook your meat, add in taco seasoning and set aside.
Warm up flour tortillas on the stove or microwave.
Now it is time to assemble.
Lay out a flour tortilla and spread an even thin layer of beans covering the entire tortilla.
Place a hard shell taco on one side of the flour tortilla and completely wrap the hard shell, it's ok if the shell breaks, the flour will hold it together.
Assemble with meat, cheese, lettuce and any other toppings you would like.
Calories: 814kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 48g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 137mg | Sodium: 2047mg | Potassium: 629mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2117IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 570mg | Iron: 7mg