Oh my goodness! Such a fun combination of flavors in these cheese grape clusters Spring appetizer. Make this once and you'll start bringing it to every gathering!
Perfect appetizer for Spring!
The burst of the grape inside the creamy cheese mixture makes this appetizer perfect for spring. I'm so obsessed with spring this year. We look forward to it all winter and now we can really feel it coming. (Granted, it did snow 5 inches yesterday, but that's beside the point.)
We have a really large backyard that's basically all grass, and it's the first part of our yard to turn green. It's already happening! We even turned our sprinklers on last week. I love it. We're not pulling out the swimsuits or anything yet, but I can at least wear short sleeves (when I'm inside).
Add cheese grapes to your charcuterie board
This appetizer shows up at virtually every family gathering. It looks awesome on a crudité platter with cheese, crackers and more grapes. When I worked as a caterer on Dancing With the Stars (I know, I've got so many layers), we would make a crudité platter every day.
Olives, cheeses, tons of crackers, breads, dips and plenty of fresh fruit. I loved making these because it was so easy, but it looked so fancy and fresh and delicious!
Simple appetizer ingredients, amazing flavor
Cream cheese, gorgonzola cheese and fresh chives. That's all it takes to make the cheese mixture. It's so tangy and sweet, it'll put a spring in your step.
Wrapping the mixture around the grapes can be a little time-consuming, but it's perfect for older kids to help with. I use chopped, roasted pecans to roll these in, but you can use whatever nut you like! It's also delicious rolled in roasted almonds.
Go with a more unique appetizer for your spring gatherings this year, and try these out! I'm making them for my family this Easter, for sure!
Cheese Grape Clusters Appetizer
- 1 cup chopped nuts pecans or almonds work best, but use whatever you like best!
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese softened
- 2 oz Gorgonzola cheese (about ⅓ cup) crumbled
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or parsley
- 48 small red grapes
- Heat oven to 350° F. Place pecans (or almonds) in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 5-7 minutes, until fragrant. Careful not to burn! Once cool, finely chop the nuts. (I use a food processor and then toss in the sieve to sift out the "dust")
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, Gorgonzola cheese and chives. Mix until well combined.
- With your hands (this gets a bit messy!) wrap about 1-2 teaspoons of cheese mixture around each grape to cover.
- Roll in chopped nuts.
- Place in single layer, and cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours before serving.
Leave a Reply