I have tried a LOT of pizza dough recipes, and this is the one that beats them all! Not only is it quick and easy with no rise time, but it is literally the most delicious and no-fail pizza dough you’ve ever tasted!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase from my link I may make a small commission at no cost to you.
Never Miss a Recipe! Sign up for my Newsletter to see new recipes first!
Invest in a pizza stone
There are a few kitchen “extras” that I feel are worth the money and space they take up. Since we typically make pizza once a week, I decided a pizza stone might be worth it. I purchased one just like this from Amazon, for such a great price! And now I can’t believe I waited so long! This one kitchen product was a big game-changer for our pizza nights. It creates the perfect slightly crisp crust and gives us a really even bake that I could never achieve using a cookie sheet. You should own one!
Pizza dough with no rise time? Yes, please!
I’ve made a lot of dough (bread dough, not money) in my life, but this is my favorite, most versatile recipe. It’s simple, flavorful, and my favorite part is I don’t have to wait for any rising. That means I can whip up pizza with homemade dough in just a matter of minutes. There’s no tricky rising, punching, covering and waiting for more rising, guessing when the dough is ready, etc. It’s seriously the best.
Start a Family Pizza and Movie Night!
If you don’t already have a weekly family pizza and movie night, give it a try! Here’s why we love it. First, it get’s your family out of your TV/movie rut. If you’re like us, our kids want to watch the same movies over and over and over again. We like to try new movies from the library, so it’s FREE! Second, it’s an activity we can do together as a family and everyone enjoys it. No matter your age, watching a fun new movie is always a treat! Lastly, making pizza is a family event and it creates a night where I don’t have to plan dinner. We like to mix it up with toppings, but the basics stay the same, so it requires almost no thought on my part. Yay for me!
Love this quick pizza dough recipe? Try these other really quick recipes!
If you decide to give this recipe a try, be sure to snap a photo to share, tagging @theovenlight and #theovenlight on Instagram or Facebook!
Super Quick Pizza Dough
- 1 1/2 C warm water Should be warm but not hot
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 3 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 tsp each salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 550 degreesIf using a pizza stone make sure to put it in while oven is warming up.
- Mix water, yeast and sugar in a mixing bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, flour, and spices into a stand mixer with a dough hook and knead until combined. About 3 minutes.If you don’t have a stand mixer, this can be done by hand.
- Once kneaded divide dough into two or three equal parts depending on how thick you like your crust.
- Flour a cutting board and using a rolling pin, roll out dough into a circle.
- Brush edges with olive oil and build your pizza.
- Slide pizza onto a pizza stone or baking sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes or until crust is browned.
- Take out pizza and let cool for two minutes before slicing.