These light and buttery homemade Garlic and Herb Breadsticks are taken from our extremely popular No Rise Time Pizza Dough recipe. No rise time means you can be eating these in a flash! Perfect for dipping in marinara, pesto or alongside your favorite Italian meal!
Sign up for our FREE 7 Day Simple Meal Plan!
Fresh Baked Bread for the Win
There is no better smell than the freshly baked bread, but who has the time for that?? That is one of the best things about this recipe, NO RISE TIME! Meaning by the time your pasta is ready or salad has been assembled these will be ready too.
Breadsticks with no rise time? Yes, please!
I’ve made a lot of dough (bread dough, not money) in my life, but this is my favorite, most versatile recipe. It’s simple, flavorful, and my favorite part is I don’t have to wait for any rising. That means I can whip up breadsticks with homemade dough in just a matter of minutes. There’s no tricky rising, punching, covering and waiting for more rising, guessing when the dough is ready, etc. It’s seriously the best.
To make perfect garlic and herb breadsticks, simply…
- First, preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add warm water, yeast and sugar in a mixing bowl and allow it to sit for 5 minutes, until the yeast is foamy and smells well… yeasty!
- To the yeast mixture, add salt, flour, and spices. Mix with a dough hook and knead until combined and dough starts to pull away from edges. About 3 minutes. If you don’t have a stand mixer, this can be done by hand.
- Once kneaded divide dough into two equal parts so it is easier to roll out.
- Next, lightly flour a cutting board and using a rolling pin, roll out dough into a 12″ – 14″ square.
- Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into strips 1-2″ wide.
- Place the dough strips onto a greased or parchment lined baking sheet and brush with garlic butter and top with fresh (or dried) herbs.
- Place in the oven a bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy these fresh out of the oven or cool and place in a air tight container for later consumption.
Need some Italian cuisine inspiration? Try these popular recipes!
- Italian Stuffed Pepper—vegetarian and packed with fresh flavors!
- Simple Italian Meat Sauce—a personal favorite, this recipe uses 2 kinds of meat.
- Warm Apricot Salad—copied from a restaurant in Tuscany. Divine!
- White Bean and Feta Dip—light, healthy and completely addictive.
- Blackened Chicken Alfredo—an update to a classic, with a punch of heat!
Love this quick garlic and herb breadstick recipe? Try these other really quick recipes!
Quick Garlic Herb Breadsticks
- 1 1/2 cup warm water Should be warm but not hot
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon rapid rise yeast or "instant yeast"
- 3 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs such as parsley, sage, thyme, etc
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Mix water, yeast and sugar in a mixing bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
- While yeast is blooming microwave butter and garlic for 20 seconds or until melted and set aside.
- Add salt, flour, and spices into a stand mixer with a dough hook and knead until combined. About 3 minutes.If you don’t have a stand mixer, this can be done by hand.
- Once kneaded divide dough into two equal parts.
- Flour a cutting board and using a rolling pin, roll out dough into a square or rectangle.
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife cut into 1-2" strips and place on a greased or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush with garlic butter and sprinkle fresh herbs.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy warm or place in a airtight container for later.