Sometimes I make a new recipe and think to myself, "how did I go so long without this recipe in my life!?!" This Greek Pizza is one of those recipes. As simple as opening a few jars, cutting a few tomatoes and baking. Done and delicious! If you're looking for vegetarian lunch ideas, this is a great one to keep around!
Dietary Restrictions? Try these simple Greek Pizza substitutes!
I love that these Greek Pizzas can easily be tailored to fit any diet and any preferences. I love tons of olives and artichokes, but the kids picked them off, so next time I'll make some without for them.
If you have a picky eaters in your family (I have 2!), then let them build the pizzas themselves! This is one of our favorite family lunch or dinner ideas because the kids can leave off any of the "weird" ingredients, and Hans and I can load up on what they don't eat. Plus, it's a great way for them to try something new without ruining their whole meal.
How to make this pizza Gluten Free
You can use gluten free naan or flatbread of your choice. I haven't seen gluten free pita bread, but gluten free flatbreads or pizza dough can be simple enough to find or make at home. I love to use Cup4Cup as my gluten free flour for a homemade version of these Greek Pizzas.
Dairy Free pizza options
If you need a lactose-free version of these Greek Pizzas, use goat milk feta, which is usually easy to find. And omit the mozzarella or use a dairy free substitute. I'm lactose intolerant, so I just did the goat milk feta and skipped the mozzarella, and it was still VERY good. You won't even miss it.
Simple Greek Pizzas
- Baking Sheet
- 4 6 inch pita bread rounds (or naan)
- 1 10oz package of plain hummus
- 3 roma tomatoes chopped
- ½ jar marinated artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- ½ C crumbled feta cheese
- ½ C shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ jar pitted kalamata olives cut into halves
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds optional
- fresh oregano leaves optional
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place pita rounds on a large cookie sheet. Spread each with ¼ of the hummus, leaving a ½ inch border around the edge.
- Sprinkle each with ¼ of tomatoes, artichoke hearts, feta and mozzarella cheese.
- Drizzle with olive oil and top with sesame seeds (if using).
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese has melted and edges are lightly browned.
- Top with olives and oregano (if using).
- Cut in quarters and serve.
Leave a Reply