Hello Mr. BBQ. I’ve missed you! This is always the first recipe I use when BBQ season gets started.
Steak is not what I typically reach for at the grocery store, mostly because I’m intimidated by all the different cuts and usually the prices too. However, this steak recipe is fool-proof. Pick up any cut of steak that you fancy, and it will be delicious every time, guaranteed! I used a large rib-eye I found on sale and used it for date night for me and the hubs. Let’s not waste the expensive meat on the kids, right? They don’t appreciate it like we do.
This recipe has just a little bit of heat, and then that tangy blue cheese and sweet corn. It’s a marriage made in heaven, let me tell you. Mmm, I can hardly write about this. I wish I had leftovers in the fridge. And it’s really the perfect recipe for a summer BBQ. Have some friends over and watch them lick their plates.
Make this your inaugural BBQ recipe this season, I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Grilled Steak with Blue Cheese Salsa
- 2 lbs top sirloin steak 4 8oz pieces
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Mexican seasoning taco seasoning is perfect
- 1 1/2 C Roma tomatoes diced
- 1/2 C frozen corn kernels
- 2 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 1 Tbsp green onion tops thinly sliced
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce like tapatio
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse steak and pat dry. Rub seasoning into both sides of meat. Transfer to a plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients except blue cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, but up to 8 hours.
- Grill steak to desired tenderness, rest meat for 20 minutes.
- Slice 1/2 inch slices across the grain and arrange on a platter.
- Gently mix cheese into salsa and spoon over meat. Serve immediately!