I found a similar baked feta appetizer at a local Mediterranean restaurant, and fell in love! It was super simple to recreate using my own blend of seasoning and toppings. Baked feta makes a perfect appetizer for any night, and is very simple to prepare.
Oh feta. How I love you. For this recipe, I found a lovely block of goat cheese feta in brine from Trader Joe’s, since I’m lactose intolerant. It came with 2 blocks, so that makes it super easy to double the recipe for a larger party, or to save and use one block for another recipe. I love the creaminess of the feta with the sharpness of the burst tomatoes. I absolutely love a soft, cooked tomato. The flavor completely changes and softens with heat.
Baked Pita Chips
Once again, I made my baked pita chips to go with this appetizer. So incredibly simple and so much cheaper and more delicious than the stuff in a bag. And when you dip a homemade pita chip into this hot cheese, it is pure perfection!
Love this Baked Feta? Try these other really easy appetizers!
Baked Feta with Burst Tomatoes, Olives and Basil
- 1 5 oz block feta cheese
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp course salt
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes any color
- 10-15 kalamata olives
- 1 large roasted red pepper in brine thinly sliced
- 5-8 basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°. In an oven-safe bowl, place your feta block in the center. Sprinkle block with oregano and salt and set aside.
- Slice your cherry tomatoes and olives in half (leaving a few whole). Slice your roasted red pepper in long, thin strips.
- Arrange tomatoes, olives and red pepper on top and around your feta. Drizzle 2 Tbsp olive oil over all of it.
- Bake in the oven until tomatoes have burst and feta is soft and a little runny, about 45 minutes. Once removed, top with basil and the rest of the olive oil. Enjoy!