These Chocolate Muffins with Nutella and Raspberries are the perfect muffin for a special occasion. Baby or bridal shower brunch? Yep. Birthday breakfast? You bet. However, I’ve started making these weekly just because sometimes you need to feel celebrated on a Wednesday morning after doing the school routine and getting no sleep, right? Such a delicious and unique combination, you will love it!
Sign up for our FREE 7 Day Simple Meal Plan!
Making Nutella Chocolate Chips – So easy and so amazing!
What really sets this recipe apart are these Nutella Chocolate Chips. They’re really quick to make, and take this muffin to a whole new level. Let’s make ’em!
Start with 1/2 Cup of chocolate chips (or chopped dark chocolate) and 1 Tbsp butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds at a time until fully melted. Be sure to stir every 30 seconds.
Once melted, stir in 1/2 Cup of Nutella. (I love this part, and have perhaps licked the spoon.)
On a small cookie sheet or cake pan lined with parchment paper, spread your Nutella mixture into a thin layer. About 1/4 inch.
Pop it in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Once frozen, remove from the freezer and peel off the parchment. Chop into chunks. Place back in the freezer until ready to use!
Nutella doesn’t harden on its own, so keeping it in the freezer is necessary. I usually double this recipe and snack on these babies every time I need a chocolate treat. Such a fantastic blend of chocolate and hazelnut flavor.
To make these chocolate muffins, simply…
First, make sure your Nutella chocolate chips are ready to go. See above for those instructions.
In a large bowl, combine oil, milk, eggs, vanilla extract and yogurt (or sour cream).
In a separate medium-sized bowl combine dry ingredients; flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add dry ingredients into the large bowl with the wet ingredients. Using a spatula, very gently combine until no more streaks of flour remain.
Gently add the Nutella chocolate chips and chopped raspberries.
Using a large scoop, like this one, fill each muffin about 2/3 full.
Bake at 425°F for 5 minutes. This helps push your muffins up so you get a great rise (you can do this with every muffin recipe). Then reduce heat to 375°F and continue baking for 9-12 minutes until fully baked and bounces back.
Best Tools for Perfect Muffins Every Time
I recently added a few tools to my kitchen and I’m loving them! One are these awesome muffin and cupcake liners. This pack comes with 100 dark brown and 100 tan liners. It’s a great deal, and I love that they don’t pull any of the muffin away, I don’t need any non-stick spray, it makes for easy cleanup, AND they keep my muffins fresher longer! So many benefits!
My other new muffin tool is this awesome 3 Tbsp scoop by OXO. This keeps my muffins uniform in size and makes it really easy to scoop them into these liners. I love tools that save me time and extra clean-up! These 2 are a winners for sure!
Love these Chocolate Muffins with Nutella and Raspberries? Try these other popular muffin recipes!
Chocolate Muffins with Nutella and Raspberries
For the Nutella Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp salted butter
- 1/2 C Nutella
For the Muffins
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 1/2 C milk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 C greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 C flour
- 1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 C Nutella chips
- 1 pint raspberries roughly chopped
For the Nutella Chocolate Chips
- In a small microwavable bowl, combine chocolate chips and butter. Heat in 30 second intervals until melted, stirring in between.
- Once fully melted, add Nutella to chocolate. Spread mixture onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Spread should be about 1/4 inch thickness. Pop in the freezer.
- Remove Nutella mixture from the freezer and give it a rough chop. Place the Nutella chips back in the freezer until ready to use.
For the Muffins
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, milk, eggs, vanilla extract and yogurt. Stir well, until fully combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and fold batter gently until no more streaks of flour remain.
- Add chopped Nutella chips and chopped raspberries and gently fold into batter.
- Either use muffin liners, or spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Fill each muffin about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 425°F for 5 minutes, then lower the temperature to 375°F. Continue baking for 9-12 minutes until they bounce back when touched.