Sticky Buns are our traditional Christmas morning treat because the quick prep happens the night before. All you do is throw it in the oven in the morning and then revel in the amazing smell and the sticky goodness you’ll remember all day.
Make these sticky buns the night before
Throw the 5 ingredients in a bundt pan (This is the one I use and love) the night before. It will take you maybe 8 minutes. And all you do in the morning is put it in the oven. Prepare for the house to smell amazing!
Sticky Buns are Perfect for Christmas Morning
These are pull-apart buns, so I usually put them on the table while we open gifts and everyone grabs a little piece (or 5) and keeps that sugary energy high for the Christmas morning frenzy.
I don’t remember a Christmas where we didn’t have these first thing in the morning. They’re really special and since they’re so easy to throw together ahead of time, everyone can enjoy Christmas morning with no time wasted in the kitchen.
Sorry for the lack of amazing photos on this one. I actually made it in the evening and then it lasted for about 3 minutes before
my kids I gobbled it up. I promise to make the sacrifice of making it again and getting better pics soon!
Love these sticky buns? Try these other amazing breakfast recipes!
Overnight Sticky Buns
- 1 package frozen rolls about 25 rolls
- 1 small package vanilla pudding NOT INSTANT
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C pecans chopped
- 1/2 C butter melted
- The night before eating, butter a bundt pan really well (get into all those nooks and crannies) and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine dry pudding mix with brown sugar and pecans.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter.
- Add 20-25 frozen rolls to your buttered bundt pan. (Don’t overfill, they rise A LOT.) Pour melted butter all over and the sprinkle the entire dry mixture over that.
- Leave in out overnight, the dough rises by morning.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350°. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the rolls on top are well done. I place a cookie sheet underneath to catch any pecans or sugar that might fall out.
- Once slightly cooled, invert onto a serving plate. ENJOY!