Chock full of healthy nuts and seeds, this Cranberry Granola Chocolate Bark is the perfect holiday snack, treat and gift! I love to make the neighbors and friends a few holiday treats and this is the perfect addition so they don’t go into a sugar coma.
Sign up for our FREE 7 Day Simple Meal Plan!
Tell me all about this Cranberry Granola Chocolate Bark recipe
- Grain Free – Make a batch of our amazing Grain Free Granola to make this recipe extra healthy. BUT, if you’re in a hurry, feel free to use your favorite store-bought granola.
- Sweetness – I love that this recipe is not overly sweet, it’s only the chocolate that adds the sweetness.
- Healthy – With plenty of heart healthy nuts and seeds, this can almost be a health food—it’s basically like eating a salad. Ok, not quite, but it’s a great snack for the holidays without all the crazy amounts of sugar.
- Flavor – Chocolate is the dominant flavor, but granola is lightly spiced with cinnamon and then the cranberries add that fruity flavor. Mmm. Such an amazing combination of flavors.
- Difficulty Level – I’d put this recipe at a very low difficulty level. The granola is just a matter of mixing and baking. The only tricky part is tempering the chocolate, but with my tips in the recipe, it should be very simple.
Making simple swaps
The granola is very swap-friendly. Feel free to use your favorite blend of nuts and seeds to make your own unique granola. Just keep the measurements close to the same. You can also change up the spices—if you want to leave out the cinnamon and replace it with nutmeg, pumpkin spice or whatever your favorite flavors. Go for it! And make it your own!
Can I use a different granola? Yes!
- Chocolate Granola – Make it extra decadent and use our Chocolate Granola With Almonds recipe with chocolate chips. This bark would still taste great with the cranberries, too.
- The BEST Quick Granola – This recipe is only sweetened with honey and coconut shreds, no refined sugar! Adding this on top makes keeps it healthy. The addition of cranberries gives it that holiday flair and makes this Cranberry Granola Chocolate Bark extra-special.
Love this cranberry granola chocolate bark recipe? Try these other healthier snack recipes!
Granola & Cranberry Bark | Grain Free
- 2 C grain free granola
- 1 C dried cranberries
- 1 C chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil or shortening
- Place parchment or wax paper on top of a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine granola and cranberries. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl put half of the chocolate chips and all of the coconut oil. Microwave on high for 25 seconds at a time until melted, stirring between.
- Once melted, add the other half of the chocolate chips and stir until they're all melted. This is a simple way to temper chocolate so it will stay hard at room temperature.
- Pour chocolate on to parchment or wax paper. Spread about 1/4" thick.
- Pour granola mixture on top and pat down to ensure it all sticks.
- To keep the chocolate shiny, allow to cool at room temperature, but if you're in a hurry, or your chocolate did not temper right, go ahead and put it in the refrigerator to harden.
- Once hard break into bite size pieces and put into Tupperware, ziplock or a cute container to give as a gift.
- Store in an air tight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for up to 1 month.