This Protein Breakfast Bowl recipe is jam packed with all the delicious protein and savory flavors. Perfect for those mornings where your time is small, but your hunger is big. Easily substitute any ingredients for your personal preferences or what you have already in the pantry.
How to make a Protein Breakfast Bowl
Nothing fancy happening here, just one skillet and lots of flavor.
Start by heating up your skillet, I prefer cast iron skillet but you can use your favorite non-stick pan as well.
Next cook up your meat. Bacon or sausage are my go to meats or use tofu or sweet potato for a vegetarian friendly option. I also love to cook up a weeks worth of this for easy assembly the next day.
Drain any remaining grease and add in your hash browns or potatoes, if using a large hash brown chop it up into smaller pieces for more manageable bites.
Push these to the side and allow them to continue to cook and add in the egg. Scrambled, fried, sunny side up, pick your favorite way and don't forget to salt and pepper!
Now it's time to assemble your protein breakfast bowl. Start with potatoes, crumble or chop your meat on top of that and place your egg on last. And then add any extras you may want, my favorite are avocado, cheese, and a healthy dose of hot sauce.
Feel free to make a double batch and place in a microwavable container for tomorrow, your future self will thank you!
Ingredients for Protein Breakfast Bowl
- Potatoes - Last nights leftovers are perfect for this, but for simplicity I keep a bag of hash browns in my freezer and they work excellent.
- Protein - My personal favorites and bacon or sausage, tofu for a vegetarian option. Cook up a batch for the week to make this even quicker.
- Eggs - Free range eggs made any way you prefer is the key to success.
- Avocado - Not only is the flavor amazing but this adds healthy fats which help you stay fuller longer meaning you won't find yourself hungry in an hour.
- Cheese - Pre shredded means one less dish or slice for a thick cheese-tastic flavor.
- Hot Sauce - Cholula or Tapatio are a staple in my house, or choose your spice.
More easy breakfast recipes - all with a gluten free options
- Make Ahead Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Blueberry Muffin Cake
- Apple Cinnamon Crumble Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Healthy Morning Glory Muffins
Quick Protein Breakfast Bowl
For the Hash
- ¼ cup frozen hash browns or cubed potatoes
- 1 strip bacon, sausage, tofu or protein of choice
- 2 eggs
- cheese - shredded or sliced
- hot sauce
- Heat up your skillet.
- When the skillet is hot cook up your choice of meat (bacon or sausage).
- Drain any remaining grease (Leaving about a tablespoon to cook the potatoes, if you do not have enough grease, add oil or butter.) and add in your hash browns or potatoes. If using a large hash brown chop it up into smaller pieces for more manageable bites.
- Push the hash browns to the side and allow them to continue to cook and add in the egg. Scrambled, fried, sunny side up, pick your favorite way and don't forget to salt and pepper!
- Time to assemble. Start with potatoes, add chopped meat on top of that and place your egg on last.
- Add any extras you may want- avocado, cheese, hot sauce, etc. ENJOY!