Nachos are easily our family’s main go-to recipe. Simple, I always have the ingredients on-hand, and everyone loves it! This nachos recipe is made special by using our Carnitas recipe, our Jalapeño Garlic Pinto Beans, as well as our amazing Monterey Jack Queso. Add a few of your favorite toppings and you’ve got yourself an amazing Sunday night supper with almost no prep or clean up!
Sign up for our FREE 7 Day Simple Meal Plan!
Premium Nachos Toppings
We take our nachos toppings very seriously around here. This is a list of our absolute favorites!
- Jalapeño Pinto Beans – I love the texture contrast the beans add on top of the crunchy chips. Make sure they’re warm and drop all over the top. YUM!
- Carnitas – For meat, I always go for our carnitas. Super flavorful and holds onto the chips, so it’s easy to create the ultimate bite every time.
- Monterey Jack Queso – PLENTY of queso, of course. I like to spread some directly on top of the chips and then top it off again after all the toppings are on. Makes for a pretty display and add lots of cheesy flavor.
- Optional Toppings
- Fresh tomatoes
- Lime wedges (for serving)
- Radishes (to help cut the spice)
We make nachos OFTEN, but there are a few occasions where nachos are a total must:
Game night – the perfect snack to grab and build how you like it. I always have nachos around for game nights. (Our current favorite game is Codenames. SO much fun, and perfect for a group game night.)
Sunday night – When mama doesn’t want to cook, we make nachos. It’s so easy and creates such minimal mess! Plus, I’ve usually got leftover carnitas and beans to use up from the week, and what better way than nachos!?
Lunch at home or on-the-go – I love to make this recipe for lunch at home. It’s also an easy lunch to pack and bring with you. Just put all your hot ingredients in one container and the chips and fresh stuff on the side. Heat your warm ingredients in the microwave, top it off with your fresh stuff (tomatoes, avocado, etc) and then dip your chips! I eat this at least once a week.
Links to our necessary Nachos toppings recipes (or click on the photos below)
My favorite kitchen supplies for making nachos
- My favorite affordable Crock Pot – I’ve had this one for years and it works like a charm!
- All Clad sauce pan – (you’ll never need to buy another sauce pan again!)
- Nordic Ware baking sheets – my favorite for making everything from cookies to baked chicken!
- Lodge Cast Iron Skillet – I use this for everything from sautéing vegetables and making my Blackened Chicken to baking Cinnamon Rolls and giant cookies. Super versatile and works on my Induction stovetop!
Love this Nachos recipe? Try these other Mexican inspired recipes!
- 1 large bag tortilla chips
- 2 C carnitas check above for link to recipe
- 1 C jalapeño pinto beans check above for link to recipe
- 1 C warm queso check above for link to recipe
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 jalapeños seeded and diced
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- cilantro for serving
- limes for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- On a large baking sheet, spread out chips until fully covered.
- Top with Carnitas, beans and queso
- Place in the oven for 5-10 minutes until fully heated
- Remove from oven and add optional toppings of your choice!