London Fog is a perfect afternoon pick-me-up or rainy day treat. And once you fall in love with this drink, you’ll be so glad it can be made decaf for your late afternoon cravings too! Just 3 simple ingredients and you’re ready to go. We love this London Fog with a gluten free Apple Muffin or Banana Bread.
Sign up for our FREE 7 Day Simple Meal Plan!
3 INGREDIENTS FOR A LONDON FOG
This London Fog only requires 3 ingredients:
Earl Grey Tea – We LOVE the Tazo brand Earl Grey Tea bags, but feel free to substitute for your favorite.
MILK – We love this London Fog drink with whole milk, but for Amy (lactose intolerant), she makes it with Oatley oat milk and it’s amazing! Still rich and delicious, but lower in calories and lactose free.
Vanilla Syrup – Torani syrups can be found at most grocery stores in the coffee and tea aisle.
HOW TO MAKE A LONDON FOG
First heat up your water in a teapot, pan or microwave.
Next froth your milk. If you don’t have a frother you can heat it up over the stove or microwave, it just wont have the foamy goodness you get from a frother.
Place your teabag and vanilla syrup in your favorite mug (mine is large and has a fox on it).
Pour in equal parts hot water and steamed milk.
Allow your tea to steep for 4 minutes and then remove the tea bag.
Sit back, relax, and pretend your kids are not screaming in the other room.
The great thing about this drink is that it’s easy to size up or down. Simply pour equal parts of hot water and milk in a tall glass, then add a extra tea bag if in a glass larger that 16 ounces. Give it a quick stir and enjoy! Feel free to top it off with whip cream too, no judgement here.
Can I make a London Fog Decaffeinated?
Yes! In fact, Amy doesn’t love caffeine like Rachel, so we made it both ways. Many brands will offer a decaffeinated Earl Grey tea, but if you cannot find it you can always substitute with a decaf black tea. Easy!
Love to make hot specialty drinks at home? Check out these other delicious and simple drinks!
- Baileys Irish Cream Mocha
- Espresso Double Shot (Starbucks Copycat)
- Pumpkin Spice Steamer (Just add espresso to make it a latte!)
- Classic Hot Chocolate (ok, no coffee in this one, but SO delicious and makes a great gift)
- 1 teabag earl grey tea
- 6 ounces steamed milk or dairy free alternative
- 3 tablespoons vanilla syrup
- hot water
- In a teapot bring water to a boil.
- While water is heating froth your milk.
- Place vanilla syrup and teabag in a mug.
- Pour in hot water halfway up the mug.
- Fill the top half with steamed milk.
- Allow teabag to steep for 4 minutes and then remove.
- Enjoy with cozy socks and blanket of choice.