Toasted nuts and oats create a hug around smooth, creamy chocolate to create this decadent Chocolate Ganache Tart without the guilt or breaking your diet. No baking required!
Tell me all about this gluten & dairy free chocolate ganache tart
- Flavor – The chocolate filling is sweet and creamy (without any actual cream). The crust is lightly sweet and the toasted nuts add such a delicious flavor with the chocolate. Even though this recipe is made with coconut milk, you won't be able to taste it.
- Texture – The crust is slightly crisp and has a wonderful crunch that goes so well with the ultra-creamy chocolate ganache.
- Time – About 1 hour start to finish. No baking required, so the only added time is the chilling.
- Difficulty – I’d put this just above totally easy, only because you have to press the filling into the tart pan. It’s not a tricky step, but just adds some time, but totally worth it. Watch the video to see how this is done using a simple household item.
Simple Ingredients to Make a GF DF Ganache Tart
- Dark Chocolate (Chips or Bar) - Just read the ingredients to find a chocolate that is free of dairy. I love Guittard semi-sweet chocolate chips, or those giant Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate bars work great too.
- Coconut Milk - A can of FULL FAT coconut milk makes this recipe super creamy and delicious. You won't even taste the coconut. I tried this with low fat and it just doesn't hold together or taste right.
- Toasted Pecans - I absolutely love the smell and flavor of toasted pecans. They get crispy and fragrant and taste even better.
- Oats - You can use either quick or old-fashioned oats. Toasting them slightly removed some of the moisture and enhances the slight flavor.
Got any other GF/DF recipes? So glad you asked! Check out these popular recipes.
- Healthy Morning Glory Muffins
- Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Chocolate Pound Cake
- Vegan Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Vegan Vanilla Baked Donuts (GF option)
- Granola and Cranberry Bark
Love this Chocolate Ganache Tart Recipe? Try these other GF DF Dessert recipes!
Rich & Creamy Chocolate Ganache Tart | Simply Gluten Free & Dairy Free
For the Crust
- 1 ⅓ C pecans
- 1 ½ C oats
- ¼ C coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Filling
- 2 ¼ C dairy free chocolate chips or 16 ounces
- 13 oz can full-fat coconut milk one can
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
For the Crust
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9" spring form pan. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, gently toast pecans and oats for about 5 minutes or until pecans are fragrant.
- Pour pecans and oats into a food processor. Blitz until very tiny pieces. About 30 seconds.
- Add coconut oil, honey and salt. Blitz again until mixture starts to come together, about 15 seconds.
- Using a cup or jar with a 90° angle, evenly press mixture into the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. This step keeps the chocolate from seeping into the crust.
For the Filling
- In a small saucepan, heat coconut milk until steaming, not boiling.
- While milk is warming place chocolate, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl.
- Pour milk over chocolate and let sit for about 2 minutes.
- Stir with a whisk or a spoon until silky smooth.
- Pour into chilled crust.
- Chill entire ganache tart until set, or about 1 hour. Once chilled, it can be set at room temperature.