No matter if its hot or cold outside, I am loving this sweet and simple Starbucks Copycat recipe for an Iced White Chocolate Mocha. Only 2 ingredients to make the white chocolate sauce, add some coffee, milk and ice and you're on your way to a delicious treat. Plus, see our tips below for how to make a mocha without an espresso machine and how to make all 3 Starbucks sizes!
How to make espresso without an espresso machine
If you do not have an espresso maker, there are lots of other ways to achieve a similar drink. You can check out this article with 3 ideas on how to make espresso at home without an espresso machine, or check out our linked list below with great alternatives that won’t break the bank and are also great space-savers.
- Aero Press - You can brew a small amount of coffee or even use espresso beans and get a strong flavor.
- Moka Pot - Only takes a few minutes to brew on your stovetop. Plus, this is what Italians commonly use at home and they KNOW coffee.
- French Press - A small press will give you a smooth, strong coffee or use espresso beans to get closer to a real shot.
- You can always just make some really strong coffee with finely ground beans in a coffee maker like this one from Amazon with almost 10,000 5 star reviews.
Why I love the Nespresso Inissia
After TONS of research, we decided to purchase the Nespresso Original Inissia with Aeroccino. Hans, my husband, wanted to have espresso whenever he wanted, and I wanted to be able to make lattes and fun Starbucks-type drinks. But we wanted to save money, and the newest models by Nespresso are only compatible with Nespresso brand pods...which are quite pricey.
So, we got this older model because you can purchase pods made by other brands like Lavazza, Williams Sonoma and even Trader Joe's! It's a HUGE money saver for us, since my husband and I both love coffee drinks and espresso. Plus, the aeroccino works really well! It makes fantastic foam, no matter what milk you use. I even use it to make hot chocolate.
It's easy to make homemade white chocolate mocha sauce
It's really easy to make a substitute for the Starbucks white chocolate mocha sauce. Rachel (a Starbucks barista for many years) created this recipe using just 2 ingredients and without the added sugar and junk. Melt together white chocolate chips and coconut oil. This makes a smooth, delicious sauce and creates the perfect start to a White Chocolate Mocha.
Ingredients for a white chocolate mocha
White Chocolate Chips - We used Ghirardelli white chocolate chips. So yummy!
Coconut Oil - We love the coconut oil at Trader Joe's. Great price and just the right amount.
Espresso - I own the Nespresso Original Inissia with Aeroccino. I got this particular model because you can purchase pods made by other brands, as well as Nespresso. It's a HUGE money saver for us, since my husband and I both love coffee drinks and espresso. Plus, the aeroccino is amazing! It makes fantastic foam, no matter what milk you use. Even Trader Joe's sells compatible espresso pods with fun flavors!
Milk - Rachel likes this drink with whole or 2%, but Amy makes it with Oatly Oat Milk and it's just as delicious!
Whip Cream - Again, Rachel uses regular whip cream and Amy prefers the almond milk whip cream. Either way you top it, it'll be a total treat!
Check out these other delicious coffee drinks!
- Baileys Irish Cream Mocha
- Espresso Double Shot (Starbucks Copycat)
- Pumpkin Spice Steamer (Just add espresso to make it a latte!)
- Classic Hot Chocolate (ok, no coffee in this one, but SO delicious and makes a great gift)
Love this Iced White Chocolate Mocha recipe? Try these other delicious drink recipes!
Iced White Chocolate Mocha
- Espresso Machine
White Chocolate Mocha Sauce
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
Grande (Starbucks Copycat) White Chocolate Mocha
- ¼ cups white mocha sauce using easy recipe above
- 3 oz espresso or very dark brewed coffee (2-3 shots)
- 1 ¼ cups milk whole, low fat, or dairy free alternative
- Whipped Cream optional
- Using a microwave safe glass or mug, heat white chocolate chips and coconut oil together, 15 seconds at a time stirring in between each interval. Heat until smooth.
- Pull two or three shots of espresso (or brew double strength coffee) and pour on top of white chocolate. If you are making an iced white mocha make sure to stir this really well before adding the milk so it combines.
- Pour cold milk on top and give it a good stir.
- Add ice.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Put your feet up and enjoy!
Leave a Reply