A filling breakfast that comes together in minutes and is naturally gluten free? Yes please! We’ve added the fresh and delicious 505 Southwest® Salsa Picante to this crustless spicy quiche to add a little spice and LOTS of flavor. Just a few ingredients and you’ve got breakfast (or dinner) for the whole family!
Sponsored Post: We are so excited to be sharing this recipe sponsored by the fine people at 505 Southwestern®. We only work with products we are confident you’ll love as much as we do.
Sign up for our FREE 7 Day Simple Meal Plan!
Tell me all about this 505 Southwestern Salsa Picante Crustless Quiche
- Flavor – The 505SW™ Salsa Picante is categorized as medium, but when it’s mixed with the eggs, cheese and bacon, it comes out more mild in the end. If you prefer more spice, go ahead and add some of their Flame Roasted Green Chile! What I love about the 505SW salsas and sauces is that they are made right here in the USA. Plus, they’re full of delicious Hatch Valley green chile from New Mexico.
- Texture – A classic quiche texture of both bouncy and creamy, this crustless spicy quiche version also has the crispy bacon and smooth Monterey Jack cheese to balance out the salsa. Watch our video to see how texture holds up perfectly without the crust.
Making This Spicy Quiche
- Difficulty Level – This breakfast recipe falls firmly in the very easy category. Without a crust to slow you down, the mixture comes together in bowl and bakes in one pan (easy clean-up for the win!). Feel free to double the recipe and make it as a breakfast casserole in a 9″x13″ pan too.
- Prep Time – (about 15 minutes) The only prep is cooking the bacon (I like to bake it in the oven at 400°F on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet for about 12 minutes, again, super easy clean up), shredding cheese and chopping some green onion. Other than that, you’ll crack those eggs and open a jar of salsa. Done!
- Cook Time – (35-40 minutes) Bake in a preheated 350°F oven on the center rack until the center bounces back and it is just set. The top should be lightly browned and it should smell absolutely irresistible.
- Step-by-Step Instructions – If you like to see how this all comes together, watch the video or scroll to the bottom for complete step-by-step instructions with pictures! So easy!
Simple Ingredients to make the best Crustless Spicy Quiche
- 505 Southwestern Salsa Picante – This salsa has become our family go-to. It’s full of fresh ingredients and the spice is just right for the whole family to enjoy. Lately, I’ve been adding it to my tacos, pouring onto burrito bowls and of course, adding extra on top of this quiche.
- Monterey Jack Cheese – A total staple when it comes to making Mexican inspired dishes, Monterey Jack is creamy and smooth, offsetting the spices in the Salsa Picante and mellowing out the flavors.
- Whole Milk – We made this recipe with 2% milk, but it just wasn’t as rich and creamy, so we recommend going for the gold and using full fat milk.
- Bacon – Obviously every breakfast recipe is better with bacon, right? If you’d like to keep the recipe vegetarian, you can substitute with a plant based breakfast sausage, or omit altogether.
- Green Onion – I can’t get enough green onion. And in this egg dish, the onion is the perfectly sweet and spicy complement to the eggs and dairy.
- Potatoes or Tots – We’ve made this crustless spicy quiche with and without the potatoes. Honestly, it’s delicious both ways, but we preferred the added texture and flavor from chopping up some frozen tater tots and adding to the mix. You can also use frozen hash browns (and not have to chop anything).
Got Dietary Restrictions?
- Can I make this gluten free? – That’s the best thing about this breakfast dish, it’s already gluten free! No need to make any substitutions.
- Can I make this dairy free? – Yes! We made this recipe with Almond Milk and it tasted delicious! You can substitute the cheese with a dairy free alternative, or leave out altogether. If you’re lactose intolerant (rather than allergic or vegan), I recommend a good goat cheddar cheese as a substitute that’s easier on your system and still tastes just as good.
- Can I make this vegetarian? Absolutely! Go ahead and omit the bacon, or substitute with a Morning Star Farms (or similar) breakfast sausage. It will taste just as yummy!
Got any other delicious Salsa-inspired recipes? So glad you asked! These are some of our readers favorites.
- Healthy Chicken and Rice Bake with Salsa Verde
- Tomatillo Salsa Pretzel Bites
- Green Chile Spicy Macaroni and Cheese
- Green Chile Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Secret Ingredient Pico de Gallo
- Grilled Steak with Blue Cheese Salsa
Love this 505SW™ Salsa Picante Quiche? Try these other recipes filled with delicious spice!
If you decide to give this recipe a try, be sure to snap a photo to share, tagging @theovenlight and #theovenlight on Instagram or Facebook!
Crustless Spicy Quiche with 505 SW™ Salsa Picante | Gluten Free
- 6 large eggs whisked
- 1/2 C whole milk
- 3 strips of bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 C sharp white cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- 1 C chopped frozen potatoes/tater tots optional
- 1/2 C 505SW™ Picante Style Salsa plus more for serving
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9 inch pie dish*, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and whisk well.
- Pour into the pie dish and bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until the center no longer jiggles.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve.
- Top with more 505SW™ Salsa Picante and sour cream.
Step by Step Instructions
Combine milk and eggs.
Add cooked bacon.
Potatoes (if using)
Add green onion, salt and pepper.
Secret ingredient time: 505SW™ Salsa Picante.
Pour into greased pie dish.
Top with bacon, cheese and onion.
Bake and enjoy!