Allow me to introduce you to an evening of relaxation. Kids are playing happily outside, dinner is in the oven and you found a few minutes to yourself. Grab a few healthy ingredients and swiftly mix up this Coconut Gin Fizz. You deserve it (I’m saying this in my hypnotic voice over and over, obviously). Now put your feet up and please enjoy out of earshot of your kids fighting, because obviously that’s happening by now.
Sign up for our FREE 7 Day Simple Meal Plan!
Tell me all about this Coconut Gin Fizz
- How is it different? – There are a few parts of this drink recipe that really make it stand out. First of all, it has coconut milk, which adds a touch of sweetness and the perfect amount of smooth-as-silk texture. Next, it’s sweetened with agave. No refined sugar in this recipe (thank you very much), making it sweet and healthy.
- Flavor – I found this beverage to be very well-rounded. The ginger offers so much flavor and just a touch of heat, which is smoothed and cooled by the coconut milk and agave nectar. Then the bubbles and gin make it feel extra special and give it that classic cocktail flavor.
- Difficulty Level – Can you pour and stir? Yes? Then you’re good on this one.
Can I make Substitutions? Why yes you can!
- Need a virgin version? Just leave the Gin out and it’ll taste just as delicious. Scouts honor
- Don’t have agave? If you don’t have agave on hand, you can use another liquid sweetener, or substitute with 1 tsp of granulated white sugar or brown sugar.
- Out of gin? Our favorite gin is from the Breckenridge Distillery. But if you’re out of gin, go ahead and use vodka or tequila. Still great. You really can’t go wrong.
- Can’t find ginger juice? You can get the same sweet/spicy flavor by using fresh ginger and water. We haven’t made it this way, but ginger juice is simply ginger and water, so it seems reasonable to assume you can simply make your own by combining fresh ginger and water. Add to taste.
Got any other great drink recipes? I’m so glad you asked!
- Pineapple Tom Collins
- Bailey’s Irish Cream Mocha
- Raspberry Hot Chocolate – Dairy Free
- Classic Hot Chocolate
- Pumpkin Spice Steamer – Dairy Free
- Espresso Double Shot – Starbucks Copycat
- Sparkling Watermelon Refresher
Love this Coconut Gin Fizz Recipe? Try these other amazing drink recipes!
Coconut Gin Fizz
- 1 tsp agave or simple syrup more or less to taste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canned coconut milk
- 1 shot or 3 Tbsp gin
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tsp ginger juice
- splash seltzer water
- In a short glass combine all ingredients except seltzer water and give it a stir.
- Add ice—I use 1 cocktail cube or a handful of normal sized ice cubes.
- Top with seltzer water to taste (about 1/4 cup), this gives the drink the "fizz".
- Garnish with a lime wedge and relax.