We eat rice for multiple meals a week at our house. This Cilantro Lime Coconut Rice completely changed our lives! It is the easiest way to turn a “whatever” meal into a “WHOA” kind of meal. My favorite is to use it as a base for burrito bowls.
Cilantro Lime Coconut Rice in burrito bowls or lunch prep
This is the easiest and most delicious way to take your burrito bowls to the next level. I love to make shredded BBQ pork with pineapple and black beans on top of this rice. Oh my goodness. So amazing and so simple! It would also be amazing for lunch meal prep and be done with lunches for the week.
Here’s how to make this Cilantro Lime Coconut rice
You’re basically making white rice the same as you normally would, but we’re adding in all this amazing flavor. For every 1 cup of rice, you’ll need 2 cups of liquid. For this recipe, it’s 1 cup of water and 1 can of full fat coconut milk (in this picture, it’s low-fat, but full fat is so much better). Also add salt and the juice of two limes.
Once rice has cooked in the water and coconut milk, add in a LOT of cilantro. If you don’t love cilantro, put it on the side and let people add it to their own preference.
Love this Cilantro Lime Coconut Rice recipe? Try these other easy recipes!
Coconut Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 2 limes or refrigerated lime juice is ok too
- 1 C white rice
- 1 C water
- salt to taste
- Combine rice, water, coconut milk, juice of 1 lime and salt in a large pot.
- Put the lid on tight and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork and add chopped up cilantro and juice from the other lime.
- Taste and add more salt if necessary